TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: Re: Chasing boost leaks/detonation
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: Re: Chasing boost leaks/detonation

Posted by madkiwi on September 05, 2014 at 9:56 PM
  This message has been viewed 144 times.

In Reply To Re: Chasing boost leaks/detonation posted by MaxxAction on September 04, 2014 at 11:00 AM

Message Well, here is what I know.

After all the other things I have done (colder plugs, Motorvac top end cleaning, found all the air leaks and fixed the recirc valve) I took it out today and while boosting it went into safety mode. I actually watched the needle on my Autometer gauge drop from 11ish to 6. Not happy...

The timing was checked by my mechanic about a month ago. He said it was "good". I checked it today after I got home. It was about 16-16.5 degrees. I reset it to 14.5-15 degrees. I believe Jim Wolf has stated that a modified Z TT should be set to 13 degrees BTDC.

I have a JWT ecu, boost jets set for 13.5 psi, Z1 smic's, Stillen cat-backs and a JWT pop-charger. I believe that counts as a Stage IV (per Stillen) so I guess that meets the definition of modified.

The timing was rock solid, no wiggling around (unlike my Pathfinder, which was all over the place).

I have not checked fuel pressure yet, my mechanic did and said it was good. So I will check it tomorrow. Brand new fuel filter- installed it at the beginning of August. Checked my CTS at the same time, my wife has no idea I was using the kitchen to boil water for dipping a dirty car part! It was all to spec.

Hoping it was just the advance on the timing... but I will know more tomorrow when I check the fuel pressure.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.